Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Professional Development Mondays

Well, I had my first interview for a professional position this past Friday. The interview made me realize just how little experience I have with what goes in to programming and collection development. For the latter I at least have my project from my Contextual Inquiry and Project Management class; my group did an analysis of the collection development process of a local library. However, I failed to remember this might actually be relevant experience when asked what my experience with collection development was.

But programming and instruction... there, I have very little experience.

So, since I don't seem to actually be using this blog, how about I give myself something to actually do with it that might motivate me to post something interesting here. I'll set myself the goal of finding resources for collection development, programming, and instruction in libraries, specifically for youth/teens, and I'll post about what I'm learning on Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment