Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A brief introduction

I've put off starting a blog about being a library science grad student for so long that I'm almost to the point where it'll have to be a blog about being a librarian instead.

But really, that sort of blogging tends to turn into whining, so instead, I'll just be putting up various interesting things on a variety of topics, most of which will be related in one way or another to library science. Or being a library science grad student. Or being a librarian. Or young adult fiction. Or whatever is on my mind at the time, really.

Currently, I work in the Digital Conversion Unit at the University of Michigan as a low-paid student minion, a job I actually really love because I get to disbind and guillotine books in preparation for digitization by some of our vendors. Disbinding and guillotining books is an incredibly soothing process.

Hello, I'm Madison. Nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment